Study in Canada

When planning to Study to Canada, be prepared to confirm your legal right to enter Canada as a student upon arrival. Make sure you have all necessary documents, forms and legal identification for yourself and family member(s) travelling with you.

All applicants must meet admissibility requirements including: health, financial, criminal, etc... For peace of mind, rely on our services to help you navigate Canadian Immigration Law and to obtain all required documents. Contact us for a personalized consultation.

If you are looking to study in Canada and would like to know more information about the Canadian education system and the school available, visit our resources page form more information. 

Eligible institution: To qualify for a student permit, you will need a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution (DLI): school or university in Canada. All primary and secondary schools in Canada are automatically designated. 

Study Permit: A document that authorizes a person to study at an institution in Canada for the duration of the program of study. To be eligible to study in Canada, you must meet certain requirements: letter of acceptence, financial, criminal and medical, etc...You do not need a study permit if you plan to take a course or educational program that lasts six months or less.

Study Permit Extension: If you want to extend your stay in Canada as a student, you must complete an application. You should apply for renewal at least 30 days before your current permit expires.

Work and Study: 

  1. You may work on campus at the institution where you study without a work permit if you are a full time student under certain conditions. 
  2. You may work off campus without a work permit. If you qualify, your study permit will allow you to work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and work full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break. To qualify you must meet certain conditions.
  3. Work as student co-op or intern:  You must apply for a work permit as well as a study permit. You must meet certain requirements.
  4. Post Graduation work permit: To work in Canada after you graduate, you must apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP). Eligible students must have graduated from an approved program of study at an eligible post-secondary institution in Canada that is participating in the PGWPP and have applied for a PGWP within 90 days of completing all degree or program requirements. A work permit under the PGWPP may be issued for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of three years. The study program must be a minimum of eight months in length.
  5. Your spouse or common-law partner may apply for a work permit if you are a full time student under certain conditions and have a valid student permit. Work permits for your spouse or common-law partner are valid for the same period of time as your study permit.