Salim's inspiration for becoming a regulated immigration consultant, stems from decades of work with refugees, newcomers and his own personal journey to immigrate to Canada. He began his career as a development worker in countries with large flows of displaced and cross-border refugees. With more than a decade of international work experience, Salim's appreciation for cultural diversity and empathy for those affected by migration only grew overtime. Since 2015, Salim represented successfully over 100 clients located in or out of Canada, under most immigration categories including visitors, students, workers and permanent residence applications, citizenship grants and refugee claimants.
All of these experiences combined have taught him that the road to migration can be complex; yet, a successful journey means all kinds of happiness: the joy of a family reunited, an individual's peace and safety from harm or a great sense of achievement for the opportunity granted to a student or professional to expand horizons.
- CICC member in good standing since 2015
- Certificate in Immigration Laws, Policies and Procedures from UBC, Canada (2015)
- Master's degree in International Law from Paul Cezanne University, France (2007).
- Legal intake worker for the Legal Services Society of BC, Canada (2012 - 2020)
- Program manager for international aid organizations (NGO, UN) in Afghanistan, Sri Lanka and Eastern Europe (2000 - 2011).
- Fluent in English, French and Dari.